DataGrid again

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 8 10:44:58 EDT 2014

There is clearly something wrong with the data returned from resizeStack.

For a height that should return 700 I have had returned

700 & 722. Clearly the 22 is something to do with the way LiveCode handles Mac Menus.

For a height that should return 1024 I have had returned

1024 & 1002. Clearly the 22 is something to do with the way LiveCode handles Mac Menus.

For widths of 1080 & 1680 I always get 1080 & 1680.

There is without doubt issues with the way livecode handles Mac Menus.

Again along with the geometry issues noted in an earlier post this is making Livecode unusable as I cannot get consistent results.

It not only applies to 6.7 but also 6.6.4.

I have been evaluating both LiveCode and Xojo for a few months now and although I prefer scripting languages rather than basic I can say at least Xojo works in this area.

I have thought about reporting a bug but this is so fundamental I don’t see why I should. If I had purchased LiveCode I would now be thinking “what a waste of money”, fortunately I am using the community edition so am only wasting my time in researching and posting this.

Hopefully, someone at LiveCode will read this and just sort it out without the need for a bug report.

Getting disillusioned again.

All the best

Terry