Trying to get the color at an xy location

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Tue Oct 7 15:31:54 EDT 2014

Bill,

Some solutions were posted a while ago for this, I made a copy of one that uses the templateImage so I'm not taking any credit, but here's the script:

on mouseUp
   put readPixelColor(pLoc) into fld "Colour"  -- Where pLoc is a local coordinate e.g. "200,200"
end mouseUp

function readPixelColor pVal
   put globalLoc(pVal) into pVal
   put item 1 of pVal + 1 into item 3 of pVal
   put item 2 of pVal + 1 into item 4 of pVal
   export snapshot from rect pVal to templateImage
   get the imageData of templateImage
   reset templateImage
   return byteToNum(char 2 of it) & "," & byteToNum(char 3 of it) & "," & byteToNum(char 4 of it)
end readPixelColor

and another way posted by Jacque:

on getPixelColor pPt
   put the screenmouseloc into tOldLoc
   put (item 1 of pPt) + (the left of this stack) into tloc
   put (item 2 of pPt) + (the top of this stack) into item 2 of tloc
   set the screenmouseloc to tloc
   put the mousecolor into tColor
   set the screenmouseloc to tOldLoc
   return tColor
end getPixelColor

It happens so fast the mouse never moves. Based on a suggestion by Dr Raney.

HTH

Paul