starting an LC Android app takes up to 15 seconds

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:24:58 EDT 2014

Hi Matthias,

I had the same issue on my first Android build.
My first run gave me 8-12 seconds of black screen. Using the suggestions
below brought this down to about 1.5 secs.

I've learn't that it's very important on Android not to have too much going
on in the PreOpenStack and OpenStack handlers. Especially do not load files,
databases etc. It's ok to define your globals in the stack script.

Jump directlyto a card (no visual effects) from the OpenStack handler so
that the user has something to look at or read, then put what you would
normally put in PreOpenStack and OpenStack for loading files and databases
in the cards script.

Hope this helps

-----
Andy Piddock

Copy the new cloud space, get your free 15GB space now:
Get Copy

My Tech site http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode