How to I flatten a Hypercard stack (now Livecode) from cards and backgrounds to just cards?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Oct 4 16:16:45 EDT 2014

I imported a stack that uses a whole series of separate backgrounds. I’m converting it into Livecode and one of the things I’d like to do to bring it into the modern era is to get rid of card fields/buttons/scripts and background fields/buttons/scripts and just have fields, buttons and card/stack scripts.

How do I get the stack from the distinction between cards and backgrounds to the more modern format of just cards?

Is there a recipe of what to do in what order to make the transition?

is it as simple as finding every card with something that has the backgroundBehavior set to true and turning that off? Then fixing all the scripts to not make a distinction between card or background?

Kee