Strip a ™ character

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Oct 2 20:30:34 EDT 2014

JB <sundown at ...> writes:

> I am using a Mac the text is straight from a field.
> The text works fine with the other conversions.

The question isn't what platform you're working on, but the source of the
data. This is especially important if the source platform was different from
the working platform.

For instance, where did theData come from? Did you open a file and put it
into a text field? Did you type it into the field by hand? Did it come from
a serial port or other external device?

If it's in a file, you might try looking at it with a hex editor first
before doing any conversions... I'd lay money on the fact that you'll see
0x0a0d endings on each line.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com