Conversion Chart

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Thu Oct 2 15:18:16 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

I just posted you a message about Binary to Hex
conversion.  It included a chart but the message
was held because it is too long so if you want it
then ask the moderator.

The point is your code ability is great and the text
searching ln LiveCode is excellent.  To write code
that converts Binary to Hex all you do is get a chart
with a completer character set.  When your code
sees the binary 00100101 it finds that in the chart
and returns the 2 character Hex value in the chart
for that binary number.

I think you will have to agree after you wrote that
code it will take you more code to add the extra
characters and then you will also have to make
sure it is not on the same line.  It was not a issue
of returns because I would get only the 8 chars
on each line.  We all know mistakes come from
many different reasons but it is not due to the
type of text or the conversion process or it will
work wrong every time.

John Balgenorth