Vector Gradients subtle regression

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:50:38 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I am away from a reliable internet connection, (wireless connections
are excellent, but cost a lot) so if one of you already reported this
bug in the Quality Center, mail list or the forum, please include a
link in your answers to post all files uploaded with this message with
your own report. If there is no report about this bug, I already wrote
to Richard Gaskin, our Community Manager to report this regression in
the Quality Center.

Next week, l will read your messages in this thread.

Recently, while importing some SVG files with gradients created using
InkScape, I found a bug while rendering gradients in vector graphics.

Check the linked zip file (that includes two LiveCode stacks and two
small SVG files) where I explain the nature of the rendering bug. It's
a VERY subtle rendering bug, but effectively will cause many headaches
if you are trying to import SVG files with gradients. I have included
(among the linked files) an Alpha version of the original SVGL stack
with code to import ONLY Inkscape gradients.

Inside the zipped file, there are two simple SVG files created with
InkScape that you could import into LiveCode 6.1.2 and LiveCode 6.5 or
later (including version 7) to compare the differences.

Download from Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ja3Yvw8cHLVU5MTzRjY1lwcGM/edit?usp=sharing

Have a nice week! :-)

Al