Outrageously slow AppleScript performance

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 17:57:26 EDT 2014

Yes, I am on Mavericks. It does require authorization as you described but even that takes 20 seconds to be prompted and once I grant it permission it still takes 1 to 2 minutes to run.

In looking at this command line steps I wouldn’t expect it to work because it is specifically looking for the applet. In my case the LiveCode app is sending the script. There is no applet in the traditional sense. I wonder if pointing it to the LiveCode engine would do the same thing.

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation. I’ll ask LiveCode support about it.

Bill Vlahos