External files in Standalones

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 13:07:10 EST 2014

No that's the structure in the standalone only. If you look in the
Standalone settings, you'll see that there's a place to indicate which
stacks to include and another place to indicate non-stack files to
include. I would set up a folder on your hard drive and organize as you
wish, then go into the Standalone settings and let it know where things
are. Then when you reference any stacks, LC knows where they are so you
don't have to include the path to the stack.

For example, let's say you you want to open one of your stacks form the
main stack. In a button you would just write 'go stack "MyStack"' and LC
will know where it is (because you've indicated that in the standalone
settings. It works in the IDE, it works in the standalone.

I just tried a quick test app and code signed it with App Wrapper and it
worked fine (though the structure of the standalone is different than my
earlier example).

I did find a lesson that may help you here:
<http://livecode.byu.edu/standalone/Distribution.php>

Marty Knapp