reopen app from background iOS 7 and 8 / multitask

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Nov 25 19:14:57 EST 2014

On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Gerry <gerry.orkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ralph is referring to a method that involves changing some settings in a
> file in the LiveCode application package. That change stops iOS apps
> quitting when they are sent to the background.
>
> It's insane that we have to resort to such hacks but RunRev don't seem
> interested in providing a real solution (they don't even answer emails
> about it).

I remember some comment about it at the conference this year in San Diego.  We were told that the HTML 5 engine work will be beneficial in supporting this properly.  I do not remember any exact details.  If I am not remember this correctly, maybe someone else will chime in.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io
canelasoftware.com