Stack Menu Mystery - Disappointing Documentation (Long, sorry)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Nov 25 10:24:00 EST 2014

There is a checkbox in the menu builder called Set as Stack Menu bar. I’m wondering if that is what everyone means by a stack menu? If so, it seems that in order for your application to look and feel like a *real* app, you will need to employ this, at least for some apps. I have never heard of a stack developed in such a way as it becomes the menu for another stack, if that is what was being discussed.

Some time ago, back in the Revolution days, the Menu Builder had some real problems, taking perfectly good menus and screwing them up beyond the ability to recover them, hence many people’s aversion to using it. Nowadays I can say that I use it exclusively, as opposed to rolling my own, with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Others mileage may vary.

Bob S