shared group loses buttons & scripts when changing cards

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 24 21:53:32 EST 2014

On 11/24/2014, 7:38 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I haven't used cantModify but shouldn't there be some sort of warning when
> you try to make any changes in cantModify mode?

I wouldn't think so, no more than setting locLock on an object. The
original HC purpose was to allow users to temporarily make changes to a
card which would never be saved (HC auto-saved stacks continuously.) A
stack with cantModify will behave similarly to today's compiled apps, in
that respect. It can still be useful in LC where you want a card to
revert to its original state while allowing users to make temporary
changes. For example, a drawing program could allow users to create
artwork on the card, and when the stack closes or the card changes, the
card would revert to its original condition without any scripting.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com