the weight of an app

Alain Vezina alain.vezina at logilangue.com
Mon Nov 24 10:56:11 EST 2014

Now I understand.
My app is a one to help people in french spelling and grammar. So I have a lot of words lists in several fields hidden to the user. I don’t want to use Internet to bring information when it is useful; it is very important that my app can be used anywhere, anytime. A data base could be a solution, but it will not be easy to build it because, in french, there are a lot of words with the same spelling not having the same meaning; for example, lime is a tool (a file) ans is also a fruit. There are also a lot of rules for the plural and the feminine forms, depending the way the word is ending, and so on. That is the reason why I used a lot of words lists.
On the other hand, I am not sure that a data base could be a good solution if the problem comes from the weight of Unicode libraries. I had no problem before I used LC 7, but I have to use it for users who upgraded to iOS 8.

Thanks a lot Jacqueline and John

Alain Vézina, directeur
Logilangue
www.logilangue.com