LC Server on DreamHost?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 22 15:25:23 EST 2014

Warren Samples wrote:

> Unless there is a problem specific to the 64 bit engine it seems more
> likely related to some issue with the DreamHost setup.

Agreed. A four-fold increase in script processing time seems about
average for the tests I've seen comparing 6.7 and 7.0; much beyond that
seems like something with the host.

Perhaps drop a note to DH Support to see if perhaps they've consolidated
users or made any other changes that might increase load on the machine?

> I do have a simple test script with a repeat loop and a list sort that
> takes @ 4 times as long to execute with 7.0.0 as it does with earlier
> versions, but Phil's script doesn't show anything like the same problem
> here as it does on his DreamHost server.

Consistent with my tests - Malte started a benchmarking project, which
has been moving along nicely in its new home in the forums.

The engine team is reviewing test scripts posted there, esp. those that
can be run with LC Server.

The reason for focusing on Server right now is two-fold:

1. It isolates rendering speed from other processing; they have a couple
different areas they're working on rendering speed, so tests that
isolate other processing are especially helpful to them right now.

2. It's really easy for them to run diagnostics from the command line.

Here's my contribution to Malte's testing project:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072&start=15#p113997>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems