Meaningful and verbose error messages in LiveCode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 19 18:33:09 EST 2014

On 11/19/2014, 3:17 PM, Richmond wrote:
> HOWEVER, when I tried this:
>
> put fld "ERRS" of stack "ERRORS" into cErrorsList of card 1 of stack
> "revErrorDisplay"

Well, you can't "put" anything into a custom property, those have to be
set. And you need "the": "set the cErrorsList of cd 1 of..."

> put the lines of fld "ERRS" of stack "ERRORS" into cErrorsList of card 1
> of stack "revErrorDisplay"

You want "the text" I think.

set the cErrorsList of card 1 of stack "revErrorDisplay" to the text of
fld "ERRS"

> especially as the Application browser does not let me open the revErrorDisplay stack
> and I can find no customProp called cErrorsList.

Did you turn on "LiveCode UI elements in lists" in the View menu?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com