Stripping Returns

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 19 15:14:45 EST 2014

On 11/19/2014, 10:54 AM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:
> The text is truncated, not simply not displayed:
>

> on mouseUp
>     put "1234567890 " into temp
>     repeat 10000
>        put temp after accum
>     end repeat
>     put accum into fld 1 -- 110,000 chars
>     answer the length of fld 1
> end mouseUp
>

> You get 65,533.

Curiosity made me test:

on setup
   repeat until len(tStr) > 66000
     put any word of the colornames & space after tStr
   end repeat
   put last word of tStr -- for reference later
   put tStr into fld 1
end setup

The field is a list field with a horizontal scrollbar. I can't see the
end of the line visually but the message box knows what it is.

 From the message box:

put len(line 1 of fld 1) --  66004
put len(fld 1) -- 66004
put the last word of line 1 of fld 1 -- matches what the handler put there

Works the same for me without the spaces in the string.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com