Calculate number of rows in a DataGrid

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:53:05 EST 2014

On 19/11/14 19:33, Richmond wrote:
> On 19/11/14 19:03, Peter Haworth wrote:
>> dgVisibleLines of the datagrid
>>
>> Pete
>> lcSQL Software
>> On Nov 19, 2014 3:59 AM, "Terence Heaford" <t.heaford at btinternet.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I calculate the number of rows in a DataGrid.
>>>
>>> I don’t mean the dgNumberOfLines as this is just the number of rows
>>> containing data.
>>>
>>> I actually need the number of visible rows. The DataGrid can be
>>> resized by
>>> script.
>>>
>>> It is straightforward where the height of the header and the height
>>> of a
>>> row is fixed but I was hoping the information may be a property of the
>>> DataGrid but I can’t seem to fined one.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Terry
>>>

> Being naive I tried:
>
> put the number of lines of group "myGrid"
>
> and then realised what a fool I was being becuase a 'datagrid' is NOT
> a data grid
> it IS a group of fields,
>
> so I tried this:
>
> put the number of controls of group "myGrid"
>
> and that was "much more fun"
>
> try it!
>
> Richmond.

The snag about this is that one ends up with the number of cells = rows
x columns
rather than just rows.

This is also rather fun:

put the number of groups of group "myGrid"

To compound my folly, I thought a dataGrid was a group of fields:

it ISN'T, it is a group of groups and is very odd indeed.

Richmond.