Menu question

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 13:38:06 EST 2014

This is a naive question. I really don’t see what I’m doing wrong.

I am trying to create a very simple stack in order to demonstrate a bug which is something to do with using Unicode characters in menu items. So I’ve created the simplest possible stack - one stack, one card, using LC 7.0.1 rc2 on a Mac running Yosemite.

I used the Menu Builder to create a menu (i.e. a group with buttons) and named it ‘UniMenu’. I left the structure created by the Menu Builder alone, apart from changing the script of the Edit menu - so we have a group ‘UniMenu’ containing buttons ‘File’, ‘Edit’, ‘Help’. The  buttons have the right properties to be menus, and I have explicitly set the menubar of this stack to the group ‘UniMenu’. But when I switch the IDE to ‘run’ mode (top left hand tool on the IDE toolbar), the menu doesn’t appear. Instead I get a kind of truncated LIveCode menu.

This must be blooming obvious, but what did I do wrong? Can’t find any help in the documentation. The odd thing is that I’ve created menus many times before but I must have done it some other way.

TIA

Graham