BBEdit Language Module for LiveCode

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Sun Nov 16 18:11:14 EST 2014

Thanks for doing this.  Glad you got code folding working.

> now you get code folding....two anomalies: the code folding arrow is
> *below* the opening command statement line and the end of statement line is
> folded up also into the collapsed node.

I think these are probably to do with the 'function scanner' - I had a quite a
bit of trouble getting it to the current state, which worked well enough to
make a menu of functions, but wasn't paying too much attention to where it
started and ended - I suspect tweaking that will get the code folding right,

 > Locally: I changed the file name to "LiveCode.plist"

We've been through so many changes of language name that I didn't even notice
the name!

My crash course in Git (it's exactly as far as I've got, on Friday):
- Make an account on GitHub.
- Go to here https://github.com/presstoexit/bbedit-livescript
- and click the "Fork" button at the top-right.

At that point you have a copy in your account.

-  Then grab the link under "HTTPS clone URL" further down the right-hand
side, and use it to get your local repository (In SourceTree, it was "New
Repository/Clone from URL".

- Now you have a local set of the files; can make changes and commit them.

I assume that can include renaming a file, or just deleting it and replacing
it with a new one with another name.

I think it would be good if everyone can keep working in the same arena.