DP, RC, GM, Stable and tree diagrams

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 13 16:51:35 EST 2014

Richmond wrote:

 > For us bottom-feeders it might be easier to understand why, for
 > instance, 7.0.1 started with RC (release candidates) while 7.0.0
 > started with DP (developer previews)

Ben added definitions for DP, RC, and Stable at the top of the Downloads
page:
<http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/>

GM is an older designation RunRev and some others no longer use.  Back
in the day it used to meam what "Stable" now means; before it in the
sequence was often a "Golden Master Candidate" (GMC) which was similar
to today's "RC".

The definitions provided there help explain why sometimes we see builds
of very limited scope go directly to "RC"; they usually contain no new
features, and the only changes are limited to a bug fixes of limited scope.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org