hair-pulling frustration

Éric Miclo eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 13 04:00:30 EST 2014

Hello,

I do agree that more testing (non automatic testing) should be made before releasing a commercial product.
But I’m not sure RunRev will listen.

When the CEO says:
 "I really would urge everyone in our community to move to 7 as soon as possible. We spent 18 months building it and considering the amount of change its getting very good results stability wise. There are issues but they are mostly minor."

When minor bugs are so many, I don’t consider it is minor to test and fix before releasing a commercial product.
And by fixing I mean test if the fix really fixes the bug so it doesn’t have to be reopened immediately.
It is not the amount of time spent on a product that is an indicator of quality.

My 2 cents.

Best,

ÉrIC

-- My NeXT computer will Be a Mac too! --