externals for mac

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Wed Nov 12 23:50:01 EST 2014

I repost this forum post which has no answer at this time:

I am interested in building externals for the mac. Since the switch to a more cocoa friendly version of livecode, has the externals SDK been updated (I mean desktop, not iOS)? I specifically need 64 bit support for scientific computations, and I would like to use the accelerate framework, which is optimized for multicore processors.

In short, mac externals are still carbon or can they use cocoa?
Does anyone care about desktop externals anymore?

Best regards,
	François