hair-pulling frustration

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 11 23:22:46 EST 2014

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> Now, to make matters worse, it appears that I've been using 7.0.0,
> not 7.0.1-RC-1 for an unknown period of time--it has managed to
> set itself as the default version more than once on this machine.

If that's on a Mac, I don't believe there's anything a developer can do
- that's a long-standing Finder "feature", in which it uses rules known
only to itself to determine which version to launch whenever a
compatible file is double-clicked.

For greater control over app versions I put all the ones I use in my
Dock and launch them explicitly from there.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org