hair-pulling frustration

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 11 16:53:45 EST 2014

On 11/11/2014, 3:23 PM, Richmond wrote:
> Several times I have stated that in my opinion RunRev are being swept
> along into a sort of feature bloat which prevents them
> from sorting out little 'niggles' in existing features. I se no reason
> to change that opinion.

Suppose while teaching English, you were not paid by the time you put
in, but rather by the number of students who learn each word. If you
teach 10 students and they all learn the word, you get paid for 10 words.

If one student does not learn the word, then you must go back and
re-teach it until the student understands it. You don't get paid for
"his" word until that happens.

If 9 of your students learn the word but one does not, would you stop
introducing new words in class until the one student understands it? Or
would you re-teach that student on your own time? Or would you just
postpone it for a while because it affects only one person?

Suppose 6 students don't understand the word. In that case you would
probably decide to re-teach it during class time because so many
students are affected. The four remaining students would be idle until
that is done and may feel you are depriving them of a full education.

Suppose 3 students don't understand it. Where would you draw the line?
Remember, you get paid by the word.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com