hair-pulling frustration

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:07:08 EST 2014

On 11/11/14 21:55, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>> OK, I'll stop venting, but the amount of time I'm losing to bugs that
>> never
>> should have seen a public preview is getting increasingly frustrating.
>
> I agree, which is why it benefits no one more than ourselves to test
> our work with pre-release versions.

That is, of course, very true.

Another idea that might not be bad, is to slow down the releases so
there is more time for testing.

I would love to do more testing (I do almost none) but do not have the
time as I have a full work schedule both in terms of my
teaching duties and my programming ones. Given more time between
releases of development previews, release candidates and stable releases
might allow many of us busy people slightly more time to do this sort of
thing.

Another idea would be to award "brownie points" to anyone who identifies
and documents a bug, and, after somebody has collected
enough points they could receive some sort tangible reward.

> The SQLite issue may be more related to the new SQLite code base than
> with LiveCode.  I can't say specifically - Mr. Haworth, what do you
> find with that?
>
> On the other issues, can you share the bug report numbers so we can
> follow them?

Richmond.