Livecode Server on Dreamhost fails in Ubuntu upgrade

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Nov 10 03:07:59 EST 2014

Dreamhost has suddenly decided to 'upgrade' its OS to UBUNTU.

So all of my sites that use Livecode server now fail with an error.

I have been using the htaccess method for many years...

This htaccess file used to allow both php and livecode to co-exist:

Options +ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AddHandler livecode-script .lc .irev
AddHandler php5-script php htm html
DirectoryIndex index.irev index.lc index.html index.php dir.irev video.irev
audio.irev gallery.irev ##  index.php
Action livecode-script /cgi-bin/livecode-server/livecode-community-server

Now only php will work, and the above .htaccess file has to be removed for
it to work.

This appears to have something to do with using PHP-5.3 ....

Does anyone have an idea how to get this to work ?

thanks in advance.

sqb

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*