LiveCode - Where, How, and with Who ?

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri Nov 7 17:24:34 EST 2014

Hi John

In my reply didn't use any numbers (didn't think of Jacque's idea of citing
the number of coders who supported the open source project). I relied on the
visible Runrev community; pointing my potential client to the forum and this
mailing list, asking him to note how active both are and suggested he look
at the subject titles and quality of responses - and it would be evident
that many used Livecode for a living, and that there was a deep well of
expertise in the platform. As to whether this approach worked - still to
early to say but I THINK it was enough to convince him :)

Since then I see that RunRev's latest newsletter has a "who are you" item
which I hope will give us all some numbers and insight which we can use in
the future

Kind regards

Dave

John Dixon wrote
>> I think this is a great idea - just a few days ago I was answering a
>> concern
>> of a potential client, who as part of wanting to know that LiveCode was a
>> valid choice as a platform, wanted to know how many people (especially
>> professional programmers) were using it
>
> So, Dave ... how did you answer this question ?

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior