How safe and feasable is it ?

Mike Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:31:16 EST 2014

Here is what I use all of the time.  The concept is much simpler that
what you were proposing.

There is a single app, which is the engine and all of the livecode
libraries linked to it.  This is deployed once, unless there is a new
engine with features you want to use.  ie   livecode 6.0 to 7.0

The app fetches an index file, that contain all of the links to the
other available stacks.  I have it set up such that each is a separate
application from the users perspective.

The user doubleclicks on the app/stack and it gets loaded.   I have
thought about saving the stacks locally for when the user was not
connected to the internet, but none of my users have asked for that
capability.  That would not be hard to add.

Security wise, just set the password on the stack.  You can certainly
add on your own encryption if you want.

Here is the code to the WHOLE app!

on opencard
    set itemdel to tab
    put url "https://dl.dropbox.com/s/~~~~/Index.txt" into AppList
    set the dgText of grp "AppPicker" to Applist
-- 2 items per line, the url to the stack and the text that the user sees
end opencard

on mousedoubleup
    set the itemdel to tab
    put the dgHilitedLines of grp "AppPicker" into tLine
    put the dgDataOfLine[tLine] of grp "AppPicker" into tData
    put tData["theLink"] into tURL
    go to URL tURL
end mousedoubleup

on CloseStackRequest
    answer "Are you sure you want to quit?" with "No way" or "OK"
    if it = "OK" then
         ## close stack:
        quit
    end if