LiveCode - Where, How, and with Who ?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 7 07:20:59 EST 2014

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

As a fervent user of LiveCode for some years now, I keep on asking
myself the question “Who uses LiveCode, and why ?”
I don’t know whether Company Policy would prohibit divulging such
delicate information, but I would love to know the impact of LiveCode
on the computer community as a whole.
I don’t expect precise and confidential data as an answer, but MAYBE
LiveCode officials could give us some idea ……..

1 - Paying Livecode Users for fun
2 - Paying LiveCode users for commercial purposes
3 - Breakdown of LiveCode users by Version
4 - The impact of “Free” liveCode upon the community
      (great idea, but …. does it work, commercially ?)

Maybe percentages would be acceptable, rather than numbers ?

I personally talk about LiveCode to my buddies, but find that few
are ever interested in “programming”, often because they think it is
too complicated, or else they have no obvious reason to program.
So we (I mean “US”) may be strange beasts that others would call
“geeks”, when I personally do not think that we are.
Perhaps we are all “ex” programmers, “ex” analysts, or at least “ex”
(or current) computer personnel ?  “Un monde à part”, as the French
would say ?

Are my questions too close to the bone ? Do they fall on stony ground ?
Is there anybody out there who is interested, like me ?
Is it such a closely guarded secret that we, as faithful users of LiveCode
can not see where we stand ?After all, it’s only another computer app.
Or is it ?     ……

With bated breath …….

-Francis