iOS stand alone settings

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Nov 6 13:44:20 EST 2014

On Nov 6, 2014, at 8:23 AM, ethanlish at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  Any pointers to where I can locate or discover the object name?
>
> I am looking to move away from having two version numbers;
> 	- one on the stand-alone setting screen and
> 	- one in the application setting screen
>
> Since the stand-alone setting version value is required by the compiler, i would like to have the application settings screen just query the standalone value and present it to the user in the application context
>

> Thanks in advance,

Here is a method we have been favoring in our studio. This could be modified in a lot of ways to store another value. The best part is that it is automatically managed.  You would then recall the custom property value and put it into the appropriate field or display.

on saveStackRequest
     set the uBuildDate of me to csi_VerboseTime()
     pass saveStackRequest
end saveStackRequest

function csi_VerboseTime
     --YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.### (ISO 8601)
     set the numberFormat to "00."
     set the itemdel to "/"
     return ((word 4 of the internet english date & "-" & (item 1 of the short english date)+0 & "-" & (item 2 of the short english date)+0 && \
           word 5 of the internet english date & "." & char -3 to -1 of the milliseconds))
end csi_VerboseTime

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io