[ANN] Graphic Button updated and ExtDocMaker released

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Nov 4 14:04:33 EST 2014

Hi,

Yesterday, I had to deliver documentation for a small project and I
decided to use an old tool of mine, which generates documentation from
my scripts automatically. The customer asked me to to add extensive
comments to the scripts, to I thought I could use these comments to make
the docs.

Today I improved the tool a little and added it to the sponsored
download section of my company's website. It is a really simple tool and
it hardly requires any special way of scripting. All you need to know is
that comments in /* and */ immediately preceding a handler, without
white line, are assumed to be descriptions of that handler. In-line
comments are added in a separate paragraph for each handler.

Probably it is much more clear if you look at the pictures. Have a look at
http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=extdocmaker
and let me know what you think of it.

I have also updated the Graphic Gradient Button, which you can find at
http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=graphic-gradient-button

The button now uses the extStatus instead of the status property. I'm a
little sad that I don't have complete freedom about handler names like I
had in HyperCard, but I guess we've to deal with it. I have also changed
a little glitch, which prevented resizing of the small version of the
buttons. The buttons now work as expected again.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com