[OT?] Legitimising a developer as a 'publisher' in Windows 7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 3 14:29:38 EST 2014

My client is using ksoftware certs. Applying the cert is done after LC
is finished creating the app. Once you've been through the rigmarole of
obtaining the cert (pain in the patoot) you just use ksoftware's utility
to select your app and click a button that embeds the certificate. It's
a one-click deal.

You can use the cert on as many apps as you want, and you should,
because it identifies the app as coming from you as a verified
developer. When it expires you need to purchase a new one, but if your
credentials haven't changed then at least you don't need to go through
the whole verification process again.

The price goes down a little bit if you buy a certificate that's good
for several years rather than renewing annually.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com