revHHTP

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Mon Nov 3 10:37:56 EST 2014

Thanks Richard.

Yeah I wouldn't use it as public facing web server.  Although as node.js
points out you can be a fantastic WebServer and be still be single
threaded. But node has the advantage of having a non blocking event loop
which turns out to solve the first big performance bottleneck, without
having to be multi-threaded.

I am interested in two things.  One, a way to make APIs for inter app and
inter process communication.  And two, a way to build the UI for desktop
LiveCode apps with HTML5, CSS, and JS.

In my current project, I have a node.js app running in its own thread as a
separate process, wrapped in side a LiveCode app. LiveCode provides the UI,
and it is self updating etc.  Now that we have a nice chrome browser
object, I could build the UI or parts of the UI in HTML, but for now the
LiveCode UI is fine.

What I needed was a way for the Node application to take to my LiveCode
wrapper app.  This little mchttp.mc should be perfect for that.

Todd

Todd Geist

(800) 935-6068