Progress info from wget or curl?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 12:37:13 EST 2014

You might try launching the shell in the background.. if it returns
immediately when you do that, I am not where I can try.  If that's the
case, for the -O option, rather than going to /dev/null, point it to a file
in tmp, and do a periodic check of that file. (I think this will work, but
again, I can't try it)
I really wish that open process (on mac) would let you work with shell
commands rather than as just a glorified launcher.  On linux, not sure if
you can do the interactive thing or not with open process.  (another thing
to try)  IF you can with open process, still not sure it will do what you
want. IIRC wget does some funky terminal stuff to give the appearance of a
more interactive display  that might not work well when read live, but
that's where the options come in I think.  You can probably suppress the
....... stuff and perhaps force more useful information?  (might also be
needed for the dumping to a file method..)  Wish I could try things but
life seldom cooperates lately!

Also, OT: Richard.. I have some petroglyph photos here if you're
interested.  Also can link you up with a lady here (the photographer) who
can show you locations for tons of them. If you're interested for your
pursuit of archaeological protection, or just interested period, let me
know.