Progress info from wget or curl?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Nov 2 01:53:16 EDT 2014

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:

> When using shell to call something like wget or curl, normally we just
> get the final output, so if those programs provide any progress feedback
> when run in Terminal it's lost on us.
>
> But it would be really nice to be able to get that info - anyone here
> know a way?

FWIW, here are the command args I use with wget (watch linewrap):

/usr/local/bin/wget --no-check-certificate --config=/etc/wgetrc -O-
--content-on-error -o /dev/null

but I prefer to use httpie and only resort to wget or curl if I need to send
client certificates (I need this often, and httpie doesn't yet support them
in a stable release).

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com