card id not valid

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Nov 1 10:20:22 EDT 2014

The Inspector does not show the ID of cards by default, it only pretends to do it, by using "card id xxxx" as default name. If you change the name, you can see the "real" id appear on top of the inspector window.  This is done in the IDE with a script and might possibly be confused in your case (that'd be an IDE bug). But maybe you are simply looking at the name of the Card, but assume it's actually the ID, when it isn't anymore?

Relevant here is that the card ID can be set by script (but no one should ever do that, it's only meant for people who want to recreate stacks from scratch, that's also why it's not documented). So maybe you accidentally change the ID instead of the layer of the card in your script?

Try this in the multi line message box, or a button, to see the real ID's of your cards, independent of weird IDE behaviours and other, similar pitfalls:

repeat with x = 1 to the number of cards
  put the ID of card x & cr after theResult
end repeat
put theResult