Setting a behavior in the IDE

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at semperuna.com
Fri May 30 01:39:47 EDT 2014

On 30 May 2014, at 3:19 pm, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Hm...maybe there could be a contextual menu that copies the long ID reference. That would at least be a shortcut.

Indeed, that would be a very usable solution.

Another one would be to use a control/option/command+drag from a child to a parent control, that automatically sets the behaviour of the child control. Apple’s Interface Builder uses this approach for setting ‘links’ between interface objects that need to refer to each other.

Yet another one would be to have a ‘draggable connector’ from the Inspector - perhaps a ‘link’ button placed next to the behaviour field - which would allow the user to click and drag it to an interface item, thereby placing the long id of that item into the ‘behaviour’ field in the inspector.

There are possibly countless other solutions - and most of them significantly more intuitive than the message box. I’m sure this is something that is likely to get updated when they start redoing the IDE.

Kindest regards to all,

--
Igor Couto
Sydney, Australia