question about ide bug, and usage of LC

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:57:01 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:33 PM, Björnke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com> wrote:
But wouldn't this annoy the hell out of everyone who uses the script
editor daily? Why is this not fixed already? Is no one actually using
LC to script stuff?

Whilst I am very happy that this has been fixed in rc5, this problem
forced me to use 'option+retun' (on OS X) to split a line - the  \
character is used to show a split line. Because of this I've
discovered a readability advantage. By splitting my lines so they
always remain within the window size means I never have to waste time
scrolling to the end of some line to see all the variants in my 'if
((() and () and () and ()) OR (() and () and ()) OR ...) then'
statements are. Also, whenever I search, the number of times I'd get a
hit at the end of a long line and I've got no idea what the rest of
the line does or what any lines before or after say because I'm way
out there on a long line all on it's own; so I need to scroll before I
can figure out what I need to do. When I use option + return to split
the lines, then whenever a term is found in a split line, the entire
line, and the context of where that line sits is readily apparent, all
visible in a window that doesn't need scrolling.

Having now been forced to split my lines, I've found it a real time
saver and will not be going back to very long lines that require me to
scroll.

I'm no Pro, but when I do get to script, I'm very happy, wish I could
do it more often, and option+return means when I can script I script
more and scroll less.