Quitting with the close box on Mac

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:17:05 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Except for Preview, which is document based but auto-closes.

On my Mavericks 10.9 3 and Preview 7.0 (826.4), Preview is in a league
of it's own. With all the other mentioned auto-close apps, when the
last window is closed then the app closes, it's name no longer appear
at top left and whatever the 2nd to last app you were using now comes
to the foreground. With Preview, when I close the last window Preview
is still listed as the current running app at top left, but if I
select any other app it then Auto Closes Preview.

As I said, Mavericks is more temperamental than other OS X versions
and it appears to me that everyone seems to get vastly different
mileage out of apparently the same beast.