Documentation

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu May 29 17:41:32 EDT 2014

Vaughn:
I can understand the LC community wanting keep the community working toward a single place to go for docs and I know that this issue has been discussed pretty thoroughly on this list. I also appreciate that the changes to LC are massive and I’m so glad that I’m investing my time in a platform that is being modernized to today’s coding standards, not to mention the open source option. I really think a community dictionary effort will emerge as the platform settles into the new features.

Richard Gaskin will most likely be leading the charge on this, I”m guessing. I really do think it’s a job for the community, at least as it develops. It is extremely difficult for the very experienced to anticipate the stupid newby questions that are going to be asked. Those of us who are educators may have a head start in this area, but every new user will have valuable insight. Although it’s probably a massive job, this list contains many of the questions that the documentation would want to address.

Best regards,
Bill