7.0.0 dp 5

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at runrev.com
Sun May 25 14:16:51 EDT 2014

On 25/05/2014 16:29, Richmond wrote:
> Problems:
> 1. The menubar (Linux) states it it dp 4.

Mea cupla! As we spent Friday working on bugfixes for the Global Jam, we
wanted to get out a new release of 7 as soon as possible as quite a few
bugs were resolved. Unfortunately, coming at the end of the day as it
did, we didn't have time for much in the way of internal testing. Given
the reports we've been having about the Linux DP5, I suspect that the
build was not successful and we ended up with the DP4 build being
re-packaged as DP5. I'll look into this when I'm back in the office with
the aim of getting a fixed DP5 build out.

Unfortunately we've not been able to replicate the problems Richmond has
been having; saying "it works for me" isn't helpful but there's not much
we can do without something we can test against. Is your setup "unusual"
in any way? (For example, using focus-follows-mouse or similar features).

It has also been mentioned that the engine and installer have some
unhelpful behaviour when necessary libraries are missing - this is
something we are actively working on. The plan is to move from using
libX11 directly to GDK in order to better integrate with things like
copy-and-paste, drag-and-drop and international text input. In doing so,
we'll change the behaviour of the engine in the situation where it can't
find a necessary library - instead of failing silently, it will inform
the user which libraries are required and suggest remedial action. We
also intend to supply 64-bit Linux builds in the near future.

In the meantime, the magic incantation you need on Ubuntu and Debian
systems to install the necessary 32-bit libs is:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

Regards,
Fraser