silent fail of revDataFromQuery() in standalone; works in IDE

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun May 25 02:25:57 EDT 2014

Richard,

what does the function revOpenDatabase return? Is that function really successfully executed?
Do you have any other handler in your script which traps the activity of the standalone builder and might prevent it to
create a standalone with all needed information

As i wrote before i ran into a similar problem (with 5.5.4 and 6.x) not with 4.6.
A missing "pass savestackrequest" prevented the standalonebuilder to create a full functioning app.
My standalone contained all database externals/drivers, but did not do any db communication.
Even a manual selection of the inclusions did not help. But the following steps helped me to create the standalone
even with my "faulty" script.

Maybe you try the following. Just 2 minutes, but worth trying.

In standalone Application Settings
1. select the "select inclusions for the standalone application"
2. select now manually what is needed for you applicaition
3. now DESELECT the sqlite and any other db selection in the field under "Database support", but LEAVE "Database support" checked.
4. create again a standalone
5. copy the needed db drivers to the newly created standalone.
6. now try the standalone.

If your app is running now then there could be something in your scripts what prevents the standalone builder to successfully complete the build of the standalone.

Regards,

Matthias