RELEASE LiveCode 6.6.2 RC4

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Thu May 22 12:45:33 EDT 2014

Hello all, I have been away for a little while and am just getting back into LC again. Andre coming back and finishing the fbAuth library sparked my creative juices again.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone noticed arrowkey or keyDown not working correctly in this build. I downloaded  this tetris stack http://livecodegamedeveloper.com/blog/2014-02-10/livecode-tetris.lc from a previous thread and noticed that it was not working on my Mac OSX machine. So I put in a couple of answer commands but no luck. I then put in a rawKeyDown and got it to work using the arrow keys that way.

on arrowKey pKey
     put pKey into sKeyPress
     --     answer sKeyPress
     pass arrowKey
end arrowKey

on keyDown pKey
     if pKey = space then put "space" into sKeyPress
     --     answer sKeyPress
     pass keyDown
end keyDown

on rawKeyDown pKey
     if pKey is 65361 then put "left" into sKeyPress
     if pKey is 65363 then put "right" into sKeyPress
     if pKey is 65362 then put "up" into sKeyPress
     if pKey is 65364 then put "space" into sKeyPress
     --answer pKey
end rawKeyDown

Thanks Tom

-- Tom McGrath III