UPDATE: Make stack close itself

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed May 21 11:30:23 EDT 2014

I’m running 6.6.1. I do not have 2 copies open however. The stack is a substack of my main stack. I use stacks as software modules, so to speak, in this application. I hide my mainstack window when I open a substack module. When I close the substack window, my on closeStack handler in the main stack handles showing the mainstack window again.

Now I am trying to implement launching one substack from another, and I only want one substack open at a time. So after opening the second substack, I want the calling stack to close itself. I understand that as long as a script from the calling stack is running, it cannot close, so I issued send in time, but that didn’t work. Then I tried an idle handler and a global. I put the long ID of the stack in the global, so that when the next idle message hits it *should* close the stack, but it doesn’t, which means LC thinks there are resources still in use.

I *did* have one of the scripts open in the script editor, so I will try with the script editor closed. BTW I save the stack before exiting. Is saving the stack a blocking call? In other words, does the script stop while saving the stack, or does it go on from there? If so it may just be a timing issue.

Bob S