Nice news for builders of financial apps

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 19 14:36:40 EDT 2014

Mike Kerner wrote:

 > Help me out, please:  why not just use a table or a dg?

The "table" object is a LiveCode field with special cell-editing
provided with an overlay field; in all other respects it has only the
same features any multi-column LiveCode field has, which historically
prevented independent column alignment.

The DataGrid is great, but ideally for forms. Beyond the convenient
headers, the list mode is really just a very complex way to work around
not having independent column alignment in native fields.

With the field object now supporting independent column alignment, we
get attractive super-efficient, super-simple displays for columnar data
that may include numeric values.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems