get the order of open windows?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat May 17 03:25:03 EDT 2014

Do you know of a way to get a list of open stacks that reliably
indicates their layer order within the LC session?

The docs say 'the openStacks' is the list of stacks in front-to-back
order, but I'm finding it isn't accurate much of the time. There seems
to be some interaction between it and the value of the raiseWindows. I
haven't identified what causes the openStacks list to be in the wrong
order, but it is. Or maybe stack mode is also involved?

Is there another way to get this info that I'm overlooking?

Thanks -

--
Phil Davis