repeat with messages

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri May 16 18:04:36 EDT 2014

Hi Jerry,

The "with messages" clause makes a repeat loop non-blocking. This allows
you to run multiple handlers with repeat statements simultaneously. I
add the wait with messages command at the end of the loop to give the
engine more time to update the GUI. Particularly in older versions of
LiveCode, it makes a huge difference.

E.g. try setting the thumbPos of a progress bar using a repeat loop in
LC 5. Without "wait", you may not even see that the progress bar updates
until you reach the end of the loop.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille