IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 16 13:21:22 EDT 2014

On May 16, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Charles E Buchwald <charles at buchwald.ca>
 wrote:

> I don't use the Menu Builder much, but I use the Geometry Manager on a regular basis, and I've found it to be reliable.
> I only wish I could use it on mobile. Because I can't, I've written a lot of my own geometry management scripts.
> In general, the better feature parity we have across all platforms, the better. Not just to be friendlier to newbies, but for everyone.
> - Charles

It's reliable for me as long as my card layout is fairly simple. The more complicated the layout becomes, the harder it is to get the geometry manager to adjust the layout to what you want on resizeStack. So the problem may be more one of robustness and scalability than outright bugginess.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University