cumbersome pt and rect operations

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu May 15 17:12:39 EDT 2014

On May 15, 2014, at 2:28 PM, William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org>
 wrote:

> Folks:
> I’m doing a lot of moving objects around on the screen. I find that it’s super cumbersome and generates a load of code. It would be really nice if there could be more compact operations.
>
> For example:
> put pt1 + pt2 into sumofPts
> 2,3 + 5,6 would result in 7,9
>
> or
> put rect1 + pt1 into aRect
> 2,4,6,9 + 3,4 would result in 5,8,9,13
>
> This would make it much easier to do these move operations.
>
> I know these can be done with simple functions but …..
> Perhaps I’m missing something in the docs, and there’s a much easier way to do this.

Bill,

I don't know exactly what you want to do, but you can do a relative move by just specifying the X and Y increments that you want to add to the current location.

  move button "foo" relative 5,6 in 1 millisecond

If you want instantaneous move you could try a 0 value for the time.

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University
http://university.livecode.com