IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu May 15 11:35:49 EDT 2014

On May 15, 2014, at 9:16 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>
 wrote:

> Whoops!  Wait, a second, here's another:
> The "locked" of the properties palette for each object is separate and
> persistent.  This is really great when you are working with a component or
> object that is installed by another developer, and want to look at two of
> the developer's objects side-by-side and make one like the other, but
> really awful when you don't, because you're stuck with it.  You're not in
> charge of your setup, the component developer is, and if you have to fix
> something in that component, you are in for a lot of extra clicks and
> palette issues.

I'm not sure I'm following you on this one, Mike. Are you talking about the lock icon that locks the property palette to the currently selected object? What do you mean by persistent? Can't you just click the lock icon to de-link it from the object? Or are you referring to another "locked" property?

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University